Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What is Pilgrim?


So what is "Pilgrim"? She is a 1983 Catalina 27 Tall Rig sailboat that is slipped in a small, Texas coastal town called Palacios. Where is Palacios, TX? On the Texas Gulf Coast off of Matagorda Bay in between Galvaston and Corpus Christi


Pilgrim is the first step to a dream of sailing to various far off ports, most likely not a circumnavigation, but close. Pilgrim will not be the boat to live on, but she will see us through overnight trips and practicing for our future adventures.

I hope to learn to sail on Pilgrim and let go of my uneasiness of heeling over, I gain confidence with each time out.

Fair winds....

1 comment:

  1. Sailing the real Pilgrim is a most awesome experience. Thanks guys!!

    ReplyDelete

In order to same time, please be kind so I do not have to do comment moderation for my posts. Thank you for your comments, follow me and always Pay it Forward.