Saturday, July 3, 2010

What would John Wayne say?

I am not sure if it because it is Forth of July weekend or because AMC has been showing John Wayne movies since Thursday, but my thoughts have wandered to just what John Wayne would think of all the devastation and challenges that we as Americans face in this Century.  Does it really take over 75 days to stop an oil spill or has one mans idealistic views been put before the  welfare of others.   We may not be the oldest Civilization, but we do have the longest run of legislation; The Constitution for the United States.

First paragraph follows:
          We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.


For those of you who are close friends know that both my hubby and I are huge John Wayne fans.  Our Catalina Sailboat is named Pilgrim, in honor of The Duke and we have a pretty good selection of John Wayne DVDs.  Even though Mr. Wayne never served in our Armed Forces, a fact that he regretted, he did encourage thousands to serve with his endeavours of movies, play and speeches.

I have embedded two of my favorite speeches made by John Wayne, I hope they work.  Listen with your heart and hope that this great country can survive the challenges that it faces. I wonder What would John Wayne say if he was alive today. 








Some of our favorite movies:































No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to same time, please be kind so I do not have to do comment moderation for my posts. Thank you for your comments, follow me and always Pay it Forward.